How to test your product or service before it exists

 Dopsychology.blogspot.com and ideator.com  " Bulsa"  b29349@yahoo.com and youtube.com/user/b29349. Guest Post
Nik White Founder of TalentMob - a talent show in your pants
Last updated on March 13th, 2017



Put a free ad on Indeed.com. I did this and have met with 4 developers so far who are all open to the idea of working for equity, even though they came in with the expectation of interviewing for a job. 2 didn't work out; the other 2 are in the process of proving to me that they're appropriate candidates for the co-founder position. If you're good at sales, this shouldn't be a problem.
But before you do, you need to prove yourself. You have to do all that you can do first before you can convince anyone you're worth partnering with.
For the past 2.5 years, with no experience in design or marketing, I market tested and designed the app myself. I market tested with cheap Facebook ads first to convince myself that the idea was even worth pursuing. Then when it turned out it was, I designed a "prototype" using Photoshop and Invision. (I also spent over $10,000 to have an MVP outsourced, but that was pointless because it turned out to be utter crap compared to the prototype I designed and show at the interviews.)
Then after building your prototype, take advantage of Invision's partnership with www.UserTesting.com and test it with real people for free. Get feedback and iterate as appropriate.
This took me 2.5 years only because I had to figure this all out myself from scratch. If I were to do it all over again, I don't think it'll take me more than 6 months from beginning to end.
Bottom line, all of this costs you nothing but time. And most important, it proves to the developers you're trying to woo that you're worth consideration. Gage interest by/ posting on kickstarter.com, ideator.com, a mock ad for service or product on craigslist.org, bonanza.com, ebay.com, and anywhere similar items are being sold. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Actions for generating Wealth for a Better World

Persistence? Founded McDonald's, No... "Founder" Review Lesson